Sunday, October 7, 2012

Our newest addition...Alexis Jensen

Last year, right at this time, I knew I was supposed to be having a baby girl join our family. Around July/Aug 2011, the thought that we were to have another child kept weighing on my mind. I thought about it all the time, wondering if it was the right time to get pregnant and if we were ready for another one. I was still in school with 1 year left. Would being pregnant during all my hard tests and final boards even be possible? Would I stll be able to keep my grades up or would I forget everything with my pregnant brain? Could we afford another baby then? Those were some of the questions I kept asking myself.  Then I kept thinking it would be the perfect time. If it worked out right, we could plan to be pregnant and have the baby due right when I graduate, that way I would not have to take time off work to have a baby or start working till after the baby was here. Plus the pregnancy would go by fast having to concentrate on school the whole pregnancy. I was getting pretty convinced it was the right time. I had been praying about all the time. I began to get answers in many ways. Lessons at church were taught about extending your family, that there is never a perfect time. I had even opened church magazines and ended up reading a random article about bringing children into this world. All these things were telling me that we were supposed to have  another baby.

Now convincing Josh was a little bit harder. He wasn't so ready to start over yet. After all, our youngest was 3 years old. I kept trying to convince him and give him all the pros. Then when general conference came on in Oct 2011, the answer came to him too. There was a talk about how fathers are supposed to raise there daughters, and me and Josh both knew it was ment for us and we were supposed to have a little girl. It was such a spiritual experience and so amazing to know that our prayers had been answered.

In order for the baby to be due after my graduation in Aug, we couldn't be pregnant till at least Dec, and that would make the due date really close to my graduation. So we decided we would start trying. On January 16, 2012, I got the positive pregnancy test. I was so excited yet still nervous. It was all real.

The pregnancy went by great. It felt different from my boys but didnt' want to get my hopes up that it was a girl. Then in May we got the confirmation that we were indeed have a baby GIRL!!! We were beyond excited, yes even Josh was too. I graduated Hygiene school with my 4.0 and honors, passed all my tests and my boards and ended up getting my Dental Hygiene license. Then I had to wait 4 weeks to have this baby.
 On my due date, Septemer 25th 2012, I was induced and at 12:59 pm Alexis Jensen was born weighing 7 lbs 4 oz and 19.5 inches long. It was such a smooth delivery and has been a great recovery. I've had almost no pain at all. Alexis is SO beautiful and all I do it sit and stare at her whenever I'm given the chance. She has been such a great baby. I wish she wasn't going to grow and change so fast.

I am so blessed to have such a beautiful, healthy baby girl. She already has us all wrapped around her finger. The boys love her and are doing so great with her. I know Alexis is supposed to be here on earth at this time. I feel so blessed that I am able to be her mother. What a blessing it really is. I am so thankful for prayer and for the gosple in my life.


                                                               Perfect little feet


 
Me and my angel
 
                                                                 Sleeping Beauty
 


 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad I got to come see her! She is seriously so adorable!!!! you look amazing. I still can't believe that you just had a baby, you look too good!

    ReplyDelete